It’s not your birthday?
Oh…well…celebrate mine instead!
My birthday present to myself is this website. With this, I have three goals:
- I want to challenge myself to finally organize the creative part of my life into one place (plus multiple connected social media pages) because it is important to me.
- I want this site to pay homage to the old school blogs that started as journals for you and your friends to enjoy before all those social media pages. Inside jokes will abound!
- I want to show gratitude to all of the friends, family members, teachers, and acquaintances who have encouraged my writing.
What is the opposite of a goal? I have three of those too…
- I don’t want to be a blogger. I know I lack the time, dedication, and focus to create and maintain the kind of brand required for the current age of influencers. It should be noted that I have incredible respect for those who do and I will link to them abundantly when I feel there is enough content here to warrant the attention of strangers.
- I don’t want to appropriate. A big part of this site will be food. All cultures have food and many of the foods I love and connect with come from cultures that are not mine to claim. I am a privileged white lady with disposable income and extra time on my hands. I am not a representative of anything beyond that and no one should follow me or give me anything.
- I don’t want to pretend to know what I am doing. I don’t. But don’t worry! It’s going to be a good time!
20 Feb 2018